Executives confront business disruptions, ineffective communications, depleting profits, and crisis management. The new CEO might miss operational duties while the seasoned CEO might face unexpected challenges that require outside expertise. Leadership teams at all levels must be nurtured, mentored, and prepared to navigate the ongoing and often changing needs of their companies.
Thinking about everything can be daunting – from championing your strategy, to mitigating risk, to business development – FloridaMakes has you covered.
Without focus, any manufacturer could falter. A strong strategy developed in a systematic way to impact the entire organization will drive company success. Strategic planning is a leadership activity used by manufacturers to better focus energy, establish priorities, and strengthen operations to achieve targeted objectives.
Without a clear vision for the future, leaders make wrong decisions, confusing employees about their work contributions. The strategic planning process is designed to drive manufacturers in the right direction and to elevate the exchange of innovative ideas within the workforce.
Creating tangible, measurable, short-term goals that connect to the longer-term strategy is essential. It’s easy to create a company-level list of next steps to do tomorrow, but it’s not so easy to connect the future to the present so everyone understands what they need to do and actually do it.
FloridaMakes Business Advisors help manufacturers with Strategies for Business Development:
- Business Development is used to identify, develop and close business opportunities with new and existing clients.
- A Business Development Strategy is a systematic approach that describes the strategy used to accomplish the organization’s growth and profit objectives.
- The Business Development Strategy aligns the business development processes with the organization’s strategic business goals.
- Strategic Business Development works towards acquiring the ideal clients for the highest value products and services while promoting brands to optimize market share penetration and visibility.
- Strategic Business Development identifies and attracts key prospects, nurtures and builds relationships and engagement, while turning prospects and opportunities into profitable and valued clients.
Manufacturing businesses vary in size and growth capacity, but most small manufacturers experience the same challenges as they encounter growth.
FloridaMakes Business Advisors are uniquely skilled at recognizing and properly characterizing a manufacturer’s stage and have experience in navigating, or avoiding entirely, the challenges which would otherwise risk business growth.
Additionally, our partner GrowFL, offers programs for second stage companies, including the Florida Companies to Watch awards program, CEO Roundtables and Leadership Institutes.
Organizations should continually assess where gaps may exist as a method to create plans to develop their capability and capacity. Organization Development (OD) is a process that focuses on improving an organization's capability with a focus on alignment of strategy, structure, processes, people, and measures. An understanding of the organization's culture, its norms, formal and informal relationships, and dynamics informs the creation of initiatives to develop systems, structures, and processes to improve effectiveness.
Balanced Score Card
The Balanced Score Card is an integral part of the achievement of an organization’s strategic plan. The purpose of the balanced score card is to align the organization’s strategy keeping the vison at the center. The balanced score card directs the organization to examine themselves from four perspectives: Financial, Customer, Process, Learning and Growth. The goal is to develop action plans, objectives and measures related to the four perspectives creating a balanced approach to the management and future of the organization.
- Take our Business Continuity Assessment to determine preparedness to reduce impacts and shorten recovery time from disruptions, such as hurricanes and pandemics, then work with your Business Advisor to address readiness gaps. Contact a Business Advisor here.
- Sign up for Connex to find alternate supply chain sources (and be found). Work with our Supply Chain Practice to strengthen and develop your supply chain.
- Work with our Talent Development Practice to develop recruitment and retention strategies.
- Identify potential failure modes and their causes and effects (FEMA).
Failure Mode and effect analysis (FMEA)
FMEA is a proactive system for evaluating a process or design to identify potential failure modes and their causes and effects. This analysis is highly effective and adaptable to manufacturing companies of all sizes. The analysis starts by listing the functions that the process or design needs to fulfill, followed in order by failure modes, potential effects, potential causes and detection methods. Once these inputs are established, a numerical ranking process calculates account severity, occurrence and detection to mathematically quantify a Risk Priority Number (RPN) This number ranks a company’s risk.
FloridaMakes can help the CEO and other members of the organization expand their leadership capacity within their companies. We provide connection with other entrepreneurs, CEOs of companies of all sizes and industries, and local partners for sharing best practices and establishing relationships. We offer customized training, mentoring, group, or virtual on-line sessions.