REGISTER TO HOST A STUDENT TOUR BELOW…
Manufacturing Month is the month of October, and we need to inspire the next generation of manufacturers! While SAMA works on this year-round, along with educating the public at large on the importance of the role manufacturers play in our daily lives, the month of October highlights this.
Everyone knows about the growing skill shortage despite the high volume of job openings in our sector. So how do we change that?
- Change the perception of careers in manufacturing to reflect its true status as the most advanced, high-tech industry in the country.
- Re-establish the U.S. as the global leader of manufacturing education.
- Make Florida a top 5 manufacturing state by 2030.
- Advocate for education and job training policies that strengthen the manufacturing workforce.
- Provide resources to the Suncoast Manufacturers which help them overcome growth obstacles.
The ultimate goal is to help manufacturers build a steady pipeline of qualified and diversified manufacturing talent to help build and support local economies for decades to come.
We can do that by getting grade school students excited about a career in manufacturing. Hosting student tours is a great way to accomplish that.
PLEASE REGISTER TO HOST. Tours will be planned over a two-week period in October 2022. After registering, the school(s) will be in direct contact with you, most likely in August.