Our Primary Objectives All efforts of SAMA are targeted at making the Sarasota-Manatee area a superior environment for manufacturing. SAMA works to achieve this goal by:
- Offering a forum for networking opportunities between members, as well as between members and outside influence groups.
- Assisting members in coping with the regulatory maze on safety, environmental and human resource issues.
- Providing manufacturers with a voice and the opportunity to make their concerns known to local, state, and federal legislators.
- Insuring that member companies are kept informed of changes in law, other group activities, and institutional actions that impact manufacturing.
- Creating and maintaining a good working environment between management and employees.
- Assisting in the development of our work force through educational programs and scholarships.
Our Organization The Sarasota-Manatee Manufacturers’ Association is a group of local companies engaged in industrial operations producing products for national and local distribution. The SAMA membership includes both large and small companies located on Florida’s West Coast, and generally represents the majority of the manufacturing community in the area. Through regular meetings and membership communication, SAMA provides a medium to promote the general welfare of the area in which its members are located. Specifically, the organization addresses economic, civic, and educational problems as they relate to the future of manufacturing in the area.
The SAMA membership encourages the cooperative exchange of information and assistance in all matters of mutual interest, and fosters social relationships and good fellowship among its members. SAMA is a non-profit state chartered organization. Its income comes only from dues paid by members. Affairs of the organization are managed by the Executive Board, which is elected democratically by the entire membership. The board is comprised of members who represent the scope of the organization in both size and geography. They determine policy and guide the organization based on input received from standing committees.